News: The General Budget 2020-21 was presented by the Union Finance Minister in the Lok Sabha.
• Theme of Budget 2020-21: The Union Budget has been structured on the overall theme of “Ease of
• Aim of the Budget: Union Budget 2020-21 aims to:
o To achieve seamless delivery of services through Digital governance
o To improve physical quality of life through National Infrastructure Pipeline
o Risk mitigation through Disaster Resilience
o Social security through Pension and Insurance penetration.
• Prominent Theme: The budget is woven around three
o Aspirational India in which all sections of the
society seek better standards of living, with access to
health, education and better jobs.
o Economic development for all, indicated in the
Prime Minister’s exhortation of “SabkaSaath,
o Caring Society that is both humane and
compassionate, where Antyodaya is an article of faith.
Additional Facts – Union Budget:
• The word Budget has not been used in the Constitution of India. Rather Article 112 of the Constitution of
India mentions the term “Annual Financial statement”.
• The budget is a statement of the estimated receipts and expenditure of the Government of India among